Instructions for Safe Management of (not)parkruns & Saturday 2Ks (Version 2 - 09/10/2020)
- Have a Covid compliant first aid kit and mobile available at every session
- Ensure that you have the emergency contact list for the runners attending your session. If there are no shows, please let Laud know so she can spot repeat offenders!
- Receive or create the starting order, fastest first, slowest last. See next point
- Use the 'Pre-Run Starting Order' template, to create the starting order. | Juniors (Saturday 2K) Version:
- Put out essential markers on the course (for direction finding, marking hazards etc)
- Routinely check course, ideally before the run
Covid-19 Session Briefings
- Since booking: any symptoms, any positive test, any self-isolation in place, any local lock-down restrictions? If yes to any of these the runner should not be at the session.
- Any injuries or illness coach needs to be aware of?
- Reminder 2 metre social distancing must be maintained throughout (all path users)
- Please do not spit to clear throat or nose during the session
- Please do not touch any street furniture or cones/equipment (each coach should have their own set and should be the only person handling these)
Course & Safety Briefings
- Describe the course, hazards, pinch points, markers & the number of laps
- Reminder about path users, bikes, dogs etc
- First aid kit available. Anyone pulling out to let you know
Managing Start / Finish
- Line up runners 2m apart fastest first in speed order (Cones spaced 2m are ideal)
- Start the timer with the first runner and send the others off at 10 second intervals
- Record each finish time, keeping the finish area clear & the runners apart
- Avoid runners coming into close contact. Encourage social distancing by leading stretching 2m apart & then advise group to disperse.
- Remind runners to wash their hands as soon as possible post session.
- Use the Post-Race Results Processing template, to compile results (instructions below): | Juniors (Saturday 2K) Version:
- Enter the finish times (generated by the parkrun Virtual Volunteer app [e-mail]), in the order from shortest to longest, into the ‘Time’ column (A)
- The ‘Finishing Position’ column (B) auto-calculates / populates
- Enter the names of the finishers, in the order that they finished (from first to last), into the ‘Name’ column (C)
- Enter the relevant starting positions of the finishers, into the ‘Starting Position’ column (D)
- The ‘Time (Elapsed)’ column (E) auto-calculates / populates
- The ‘Time (Actual)’ column (F) auto-calculates / populates
- The ‘Finishing Position (Actual)’ column (G) auto-calculates / populates
- Columns I (Name), J (Finishing Position), & K (Time) auto-calculate / populate the provisional results (sorted by Finishing Position)
- Send provisional results to: email@example.com | Juniors: firstname.lastname@example.org