* * * DUE TO THE ON-GOING COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PANDEMIC, THE JUNIORS CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP IS SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE * * *
Click on the links (below), to jump to content:
The Juniors Club Championship is inclusive and encourages friendly rivalry within individuals’ training groups and across the club as whole. It also encourages individuals to try different types of events, that they may not otherwise have considered.
When selecting events, a number of considerations were made, including:
- Having a range of different types of events, i.e. Distance, terrain etc.
- Event capacity and thus capability for individuals to have a fair opportunity to obtain an entry.
- Event costs have also been considered, with the majority of events not being prohibitively expensive.
- Having a range of local events.
- Having a range of week days on which events take place.
There are 14 events to choose from in 2020 with a wide variety of distances, terrains and locations. The first event is the Lliswerry 8 800m, on the track on Wednesday 22nd January.
- Your best 6 events will count.
- Events will be scored as follows: 150 points for first place, down to 1 point for 150th place (JM11-14 / JM15-17, JW11-14 / JW15-17, JM10, JW10, Boys U8 & Girls U8 are scored separately).
- NEW for 2020: The completion of 4 'Cross Country Bonus Event' events achieves a one-off 140 bonus points, completion of 5 achieves a one-off 150 bonus points and completion of all 6 achieves a one-off 160 bonus points (this is included as one of an individuals' 6 best events).
- Individuals will be split by age categories (age as of 01/01/2020), with awards for individuals that achieve the most points within their given Age Category from their 6 best events.
- Additional Awards.
- Awards will be given for the BEST AGE GRADE which measures your % performance, taking into account age and gender (similar system to parkrun).
- Complete 11 events (or more) and receive a pair of golden shoelaces!
- As usual, there is the annual 'Race Face' Award - to be decided by poll in November / December. Please submit your nominations for this throughout the year!
- Only events participated in after the individual has become a member, will count. If an individual moves up to the senior training / club championship, points will no longer be scored in the juniors club championship.
- In the event of any award finishing in a draw, the individual with the highest overall points will win. If this still doesn't determine a winner, joint winners will be declared.
- For full details, as well as results, please see the relevant documents on this page.
- All juniors club championship correspondence should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Please Note: You can use the built-in search facilities (usually CTRL+F / CMD+F), to search for your name.
POINTS LEAGUE (BY AGE CATEGORY) & GOLDEN SHOELACES AWARD
You can use the built-in search facilities (usually CTRL+F / CMD+F), to search for your name.
Event #1 (22/01/2020) - Lliswerry 8 800m
Event #2 (22/02/2020) - Wild Night Run - BACK TO BLACK BRISTOL
Event #3 (08/03/2020) - Gwent Leisure Centre League Cross Country Races Fixture 5
- - -
Cross Country Bonus Event
*As a result of the JOHN H COLLINS GWENT CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE Fixture 5 (2019 - 2020) being cancelled, scoring for the 'Cross Country Bonus Event' will be be amended. Now that it is reduced from 6 to 5 events overall, the one-off bonus points will be awarded as follows:
- Completion of 3 events = 130 one-off bonus points
- Completion of 4 events = 140 one-off bonus points
- Completion of 5 events = 150 one-off bonus points
Updates will appear here, when available.
This Year's Contenders . . . So Far!
Please keep an eye out for any worthy contenders and send them in for nomination throughout the year!