Click on the links (below), to jump to content:
The Juniors Club Championship is inclusive and encourages friendly rivalry within individuals’ training groups and across the club as whole. It also encourages individuals to try different types of events, that they may not otherwise have considered.
When selecting events, a number of considerations were made, including:
- Having a range of different types of events, i.e. Distance, terrain etc.
- Event capacity and thus capability for individuals to have a fair opportunity to obtain an entry.
- Event costs have also been considered, with the majority of events not being prohibitively expensive.
- Having a range of local events.
- Having a range of week days on which events take place.
There are 13 events to choose from in 2019 with a wide variety of distances, terrains and locations. The first event is the Lliswerry 8 800m, on the track, on Wednesday 30th January.
- Your best 6 events will count.
- Events will be scored as follows: 150 points for first place, down to 1 point for 150th place (JM11-14 / JM15-17, JW11-14 / JW15-17, JM10, JW10, Boys U8 & Girls U8 are scored separately).
- Individuals will be split by age categories (age as of 01/01/2019), with awards for individuals that achieve the most points within their given Age Category from their 6 best events.
- Additional Awards.
- Awards will be given for the BEST AGE GRADE which measures your % performance, taking into account age and gender (similar system to parkrun).
- NEW for 2019: Complete 11 events (or more) and receive a pair of golden shoelaces!
- In the event of any award finishing in a draw, the individual with the highest overall points will win. If this still doesn't determine a winner, joint winners will be declared.
- For full details, as well as results, please see the relevant documents on this page.
- All juniors club championship correspondence should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Please Note: You can use the built-in search facilities (usually CTRL+F / CMD+F), to search for your name.
POINTS LEAGUE (BY AGE CATEGORY) & GOLDEN SHOELACES AWARD
You can use the built-in search facilities (usually CTRL+F / CMD+F), to search for your name.
Event #1 (30/01/2019) - Lliswerry 8 800m
Event #2 (23/02/2019) - Wild Night Run - BACK TO BLACK BRISTOL
Event #3 (31/03/2019) - CARDIFF BAY RUN - 2km Family Fun Run
Event #4 (Various [April]) - Best Penallta parkrun / junior parkrun Age-Grade in April, 2019
Event #4 (06/04/2019) - Penallta parkrun
Event #4 (07/04/2019) - Penallta junior parkrun
Event #4 (13/04/2019) - Penallta parkrun
Event #4 (14/04/2019) - Penallta junior parkrun
Event #4 (20/04/2019) - Penallta parkrun
Event #4 (21/04/2019) - Penallta junior parkrun
Event #4 (27/04/2019) - Penallta parkrun
Event #4 (28/04/2019) - Penallta junior parkrun
Event #5 (19/05/2019) - CAERPHILLY 2K
Event #6 (15/06/2019) - The Bunny Fun Run
Event #7 - Track Mile
Event #7 (03/07/2019) - Track Mile
Event #7 (10/07/2019) - Track Mile
Event #8 (04/08/2019) - BARRY ISLAND 10K | BARRY ISLAND FAMILY FUN RUN | BARRY ISLAND TODDLER DASH
Event #9 (01/09/2019) - CARDIFF 2K Family Run
Event #10 (15/09/2019) - DEVAUDEN RACES - 60M DASH (Under 7 years) | DEVAUDEN RACES 2.4K (7-11 years) | DEVAUDEN RACES 5K (11+ years)
This Year's Contenders . . . So Far!
Please keep an eye out for any worthy contenders and send them in for nomination!